Today is not only about eating pounds of turkey and fighting over who gets to break the wishbone, but giving thanks to the people and things that matter most in your life. Get to know the lovely ladies of EALS by learning about what they are thankful for this holiday.
Erin Quinlan, Executive Chair
1. My family and friends, especially my new husband. Gushy, I know, but he really is the bomb.
2. My education. I am very fortunate to be so in love with what I’m doing and to be surrounded by such brilliance.
3. Coffee. ‘Nuff said.
4. Serial: The Podcast. I’m addicted and counting down the days until the next episode on December 4th.
5. Snow. I am weird and love it. It’s just so beautiful.
Colleen Holroyd, Finance Chair
3. Sweet Potatoes
4. Brussels Sprouts
5. Where I currently am in life — getting a great education, working somewhere I love, supportive networks, living with wonderful roommates, the DC contra dance community, and having countless opportunities to expand my horizons.
Jenni Amis, Program Coordinator
1. Apple Crisp – my favorite holiday dessert
2. Curling up in a warm sweater, with a good book and a cup of tea – my favorite leisure time activity
3. Road trips- whether traveling a few hours or for days on end, the journey is worth the time it takes.
4. Gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate that still tastes like chocolate! Seriously, a life without chocolate is no life at all.
5. Being able to spend time with my friends and family.
Laura London, Vice Chair and Development Director
1. For my amazing support system of family, friends, teachers, and colleagues who have believed in me and loved me every step of the way. Endlessly thankful for them.
2. That EALS is a bunch of amazing ladies who are smart, funny, caring, and a blast to work with.
3. For all of my little cello students who have decided to practice their butt’s off. I’m actually probably more shocked than thankful but VERY thankful.
4. For peppermint mocha’s …. I’m pretty sure that’s less basic, and much more exciting, than pumpkin spice lattes.
5. For all of these pleasant weather changes. It’s always nice to walk outside and realize you’re dressed for the wrong season. JUST KIDDING. I wish the weather would make up its mind … or we would stop killing the planet and creating this havoc. Either one.
1. Wonderful new husband, Nate (who put up with all the wedding shenanigans and now believes I am a normal person again… as normal as an arts person gets).
2. Home-made mashed potatoes (because seriously, why else is there Thanksgiving – forget the turkey).
3. New and inspiring challenges at work, school, and EALS!
4. A great new home, which we’re looking forward to sharing with friends when BBQ season reemerges.
5. That I still devote time to playing bassoon and creating art in my daily life
Zenia Simpson, Marketing Coordinator
1. To almost be done with my first semester of graduate school!!
2. For house music, green tea infused with peppermint, Dr. Bonner’s 18-in-1 Hemp Pure-Castile Soap in Organic Rose, and my super awesome roomie Chey – I would never leave my bed if it wasn’t for the combination of these things.
3. To finally be so happy and content with every aspect of my life: Life is so beautiful and now I know it for myself.
4.My amazing family and friends and my Mom’s famous Sweet Potato Pie I’m about to devour.
5. My gratitude journal that reads part like scripture and part like those really incriminating papers people are always searching for on Scandal, but nevertheless, reminds me that there’s always a reason to be grateful.
Helene Genetos, Finance Coordinator
1. My family
3. Mindy Kaling/Tina Fey/Amy Poehler
4. My friends
5. Cava Mezze Grill
1. Good fortune
2. Good health
3. Good education
4. Fulfilling friendships
5. The love of an incredible family (including parents who’ve trusted me to cook this year’s turkey).
Tori Sharbaugh, Marketing Coordinator
1. My close friends who have stuck by my side all these years.
2. Curling mousse and gel. My hair is very thankful for that.
3. Potatoes. I don’t think I could live without them.
4. The beach. But really, is it summer and warm yet?
5. My loving and supportive family.
Everyone from EALS hopes that your day is filled with lots of turkey, stuffing, and good company. Enjoy your Thanksgiving day!