Want a prestigious, paid fellowship in the arts? Join Art Cart: Saving the Legacy, an intergenerational arts legacy project that connects aging professional artists with teams of students to undertake the preparation and preservation of their creative work. The pilot program began last year at Columbia University and will launch again in New York City and through a consortium of universities in Washington, D.C. next fall. Art Cart is open to upper-level undergraduate and graduate students from a variety of disciplines.
Benefits for Art Cart Fellows:
• Earn academic credit by taking part in a two-semester program with interdisciplinary students
• Partner with a locally based professional visual artist to document his or her life’s work
• Receive a stipend for your work
• Learn to use archival software used by major museums and galleries to catalog and organize collections
• Work with partners at other area arts institutions
• Be on the ground floor of a project that will be replicated throughout the nation
• Help preserve the cultural legacy of American visual artists
To learn more, attend the information session on February 27, 3-4:30:
Blackburn Art Gallery, Howard University, Armour J. Blackburn University Center
2397 Sixth Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20059
To RSVP, please contact MarisaK.firstname.lastname@example.org.